Sunday, 29 December 2013

Code Name Verity


One of my favourite books of 2012, and of all time, is Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. It's an amazing story of friendship and I highly recommend it. It's well loved by fellow YA bloggers, including my friend, Maggie. Magz just wrote a guest post about her love for the book and the author over at Chachic's blog.

Knowing our love for the book, I decided a custom polish would be an awesome thing to have and I got in touch with the lovely Jalene, the maker of Aussie indie brand Pretty Pots Polish. She was more than happy to make a polish to match the cover of Code Name Verity. The polish she made has a grey crelly base with matte red, white and gun metal grey holo glitters and black specks.



I've been meaning to do a book mani to match CNV and wanted to incorporate this custom polish, so I used two coats of Pretty Pots Polish Code Name Verity on my thumb, index, and pinky nails.


On my middle and rings nails I used 2 coats of Zoya Dove and then lightly sponged on Zoya Kelly and China Glaze White Out.




For the word Verity, the red ring, the plane, and the rose I used a very fine brush and acrylic paint.


I love how well Jalene's creation matches the cover, it's perfect.


If you do end up reading Code Name Verity, be sure to check out Elizabeth's second novel, Rose Under Fire, too!

14 comments:

  1. I can't get over how well you re-create the art from book covers to your nails! Beautiful job...again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely color! Great design too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool getting a custom polish! They came out great! I guess I need to read this book soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoa, AMAZING! Do you mind if I stick some of those pics to my CNV fanart pinterest board? xxx (signed) The Author :D

    http://www.pinterest.com/ewein2412/cnv-fanstuff/

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Mani Maniac, Lisa, Britt - thank you :)

    Elizabeth - I don't mind at all :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoa, AMAZING! Do you mind if I stick some of those pics to my CNV fanart pinterest board? xxx (signed) The Author :D

    http://www.pinterest.com/ewein2412/cnv-fanstuff/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool! I love that you had a custom polish made based on the book's cover. Code Name Verity is also one of my favorite reads. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. .♫¸♪♫♥ ••.♫¸♪♫¸ ¸♥♥♫ ••.♫¸♪♫ love your nail art ! i cant wait next and next post ! perfect idea to match with books ! congarts ! and all the best in 2014 !

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely amazing! i just love that custom polish and your art is flawless. well done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea to get a custom polish made up! Perfect it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been meaning to read this book and now I want to read the book and get a matching manicure. This is just stunning. Your detail is crazy awesome! Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. for me this is a very very good information, because its contents make us become better know and learn more about the wide world, so it would greatly add insight for me, laneways that I say many thanks
    pengobatan untuk sembuhkan gondok beracun

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi, hi!
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment.
My priority is to return comments on YOUR blogs because I know how much a comment can make someone's day!
If I have time I will also try to comment back on my blog.
Mands xox